Sunday, December 28, 2008

My Car is "Busted"


The conversation went something like this.
Jenn - "Mom, I am sitting at an intersection and my car won't work".

Me - What do you mean it won't work?

Jenn - I stopped at the stop light and it shut off and it won't start again.

Me - What does it do?

Jenn - I turn the key and nothing. I need help.

Me - Jenn, you are in Minneapolis and I am in Medford, I can't come and get you.

Jenn - What should I do?

Me - Put your flashers on and walk to a service station. (There was one across the street.)

Long story short - Her car is "busted". It needed a new engine. Cost to fix in Minneapolis - $3,400 - Cost to fix in Medford (Randy Hamm) - $1,500 - No brainer - Go get the car.

Of course when you plan to do something like this it always is an event. The trip was the Saturday before Christmas and I don't know if you remember the weather that day, but it was nasty. Lots of snow, wind, icy roads, yuck! Lorin and I borrowed a trailer from a friend and made the trip to pick up the car. Lots of cars in the ditch - probably close to a hundred. Some areas had several in a short stretch. Fortunately, our trip went well - slow but we made it home fine. Randy has now fixed her car and she was on her way back home today with it. Thank God for small town mechanics.
Here is a picture of Lorin chaining the car to the trailer. It looks like the car is eating him (or maybe he is coming out of the other end?)

Another angle.





It was "girls weekend" by Jenn's so Heather and Jenn's friend Michelle were there to help with the "mission". (Annie is in the blanket - She was freezing.) Notice all the snow on their heads.

Jenn and me - Her arm isn't long enough.

Nothing better to do while dad works so lets dress up the dog.




No comments: