Saturday, November 15, 2008

Let's Give Annie a Bath

As many of you know, Annie is about the most spoiled dog around. So typically she goes to the groomer every three weeks. (It's not easy looking beautiful.) A few months ago, Annie's groomer moved to Eau Claire, so now I go to Eau Claire to get Annie groomed (spoiled dog). Thanksgiving is just around the corner and I really don't have time to run to Eau Claire before then so I decided to give it a try. Aubree was spending the day at Nanas and thought giving Annie a bath sounded like fun. Of course, Aubree and I also got a bath at the same time. You wouldn't think that a four pound dog could make such a mess. I have whole new appreciation for Jill (Annie's Groomer). Here are some photos of the experience.







Here she is right after her bath. A face only a mother could love.


Our bathroom after Annie's bath. Aubree had already started "cleaning" for Nana. I think we actually threw another whole dog in the garbage.





Here is Annie when we were finished. Back to being a princess.






Aubree was helping Nana clean. It took about two hours to give Annie a bath, dry her and clip her hair. It took another hour to clean up the mess in the bathroom. I love my Groomer. Notice Aubrees outfit. As I mentioned, she and I got a bath when giving Annie her bath so she "borrowed a shirt from Papa." She said it fits perfect. Aubree loves the Swiffer Sweep and Vac. She told me several times that I was the best (because I got a vacuum just for her) - She was so excited to use "her" vacuum. Sometimes the smallest of things make them so happy.

1 comment:

jules said...

I know what this chore is like. I tried to shave Jenna one time. It took me 6 hours to do what the groomer did in 1. Never again did I try it.