Sunday, November 9, 2008

November 9, 2008
OK - I'm going to take a stab at this. In the past whenever I thought about creating a blog, I always had an excuse - building a house, selling a house, building a house, selling a house, remodeling a house.... - you get the picture. We are now staying put in the home we are in and I should have some extra time. I know that you have all heard that before, but this time I feel like I am home. We love our home and all that we have done to it. The good thing is that we probably have another 10 years of remodeling to do here so we should never get bored. Also, my appraising business is going well, although lately there have been so few orders, it is kind of strange. I hope this economy turns around soon.. I don't really know what to do with all my free time. Luckily I have a few weddings coming up in 2009 that I am planning and/or decorating so they will also keep me busy. The extra time has also given me the time to spend with Aubree. We try to have NaNa/Aubree days from time to time. She is in preschool (or as she calls it - pretty school) Monday through Thursday so not as many days to pick from. She had off a few days ago and we spent the day together. It started out as a normal day - Aubree has requirements that I stay in bed until she gets here so she can watch cartoons and snuggle with NaNa when she gets here. (That part is so difficult to do.) Finally when we got up we had to make coffee, which Aubree likes almost as much as NaNa. We then ran errands and spent a few hours at the park. I am sure I looked quite comical going down that spiral slide. My feet kept getting stuck on the curves. Part of our time at the park includes feeding the ducks and geese at the Mill Pond. Aubree loves to do this and can't wait to get there. She is always looking for the "Chubby White Duck". There is only one white one and it tends to be a little more agressive when going for the food (consequently you have a chubby white duck). Can't wait till the next NaNa/Aubree Day. Who knows what will be in store for that day.

1 comment:

jules said...

Welcome Welcome!!! Another blog to follow, I love it. I will be watching you. You even found the cool background website already. You are starting in the big leagues. Great job.