Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Joni & Bob's Wedding

Saturday was Joni and Bob's wedding and although the two of them had so much to overcome that day - including the blustery weather and the flu running through the wedding party (even Bob was sick on his wedding day), they had a beautiful wedding. Joni wanted a garden theme which was a lot of fun to decorate. Here are a couple of sneak peeks from her wedding. I don't want to post too many - you'll have to check out Joni's Blog for more photos.

This first photo is of her wedding cupcakes. Joni wanted cupcakes rather than a traditional wedding cake and with the garden theme, I just couldn't set them on a plate so I made "pots of flowers" of of her cupcakes and set it up on a gardener's potting bench, etc.



This is a shot of the hall. I came up with a "hair-brained" idea to create a pergola over the dance floor. The ceiling is all white ribbon which took about 7 1/2 hours to put up (not including the cutting and prep work) but it turned out absolutely beautiful. It was a beautiful wedding for a beautiful bride - (Bob looked good too.) I thank everyone who helped me make my crazy ideas happen and wish Joni and Bob lots of happiness as they begin their life together - you both deserve it.


1 comment:

Connie said...

I feel your pain, that's a huge building that needs a lot of work to make it look pretty. You did well, our guys do the ceiling and there's not enough beer in the world to get them to do what you did :)

And yep I'll be home on Sunday or Monday just call me and you can come dig plants.