Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Aubree's Birthday Party

First - Sorry for the delay in posting these pics. I copied them on a CD and couldn't find where I put the CD (definitely not old age setting in). Aubree recently turned 5 - where does that time go. I remember so well when she was being born and holding her for the very first time. OK, I have to stop that, I am getting all teary-eyed. This first picture is really not from her birthday, but I love her smile and happy face on here. It was one of the first photos I took of her with my new camera and I just love it.



This next photo is on the day of her party. All dressed up in her tiara. Our little princess. She loves all the girl things, getting her hair done, wearing pretty dresses, etc. But, she also loves to play in the sand, pick up snakes by the pond, ride the four-wheeler in the woods - go figure. An all around kid.



She had a Hannah Montanna cake and loved when everyone sang Happy Birthday.


She wanted to have her friends here - Kylee, Tyler, Hannah, Caidyn and of course Felicity and Chloe. So we decided to get a Pinata (don't know if I spelled that right) but the kids loved it. Aubree took the first swing.Then Tyler....
Then Hannah....





Then Kylee.... That went on for a while. Boy can those kids hit.



Then..... jackpot. It broke and candy filled the floor. (Lorin and Morgan were in charge of the candy and they bought two huge bags of chocolate to fill it.) Heather decided they should each take 10 pieces to fill up their bags (hoping to limit some of the sugar intake). Only one problem, not all of them knew how to count to ten, and if they did, they didn't listen. Oh well, they all went home. (Isn't that the best part about being a grandparent - fill them with candy and send them home?)


Caidyn and Brock decided to show us some wrestling moves. I think we have a champ coming up in the future.



The day was filled with fun and ended at about 11:00 p.m. Aubree was out - even with all the sugar. That's only three and a half hours past her bedtime.

1 comment:

Connie said...

Such a cutie pie. Don't you just love spoiling those grandkids and then sending them home.