Monday, February 23, 2009

Lions and Tigers and Bears - Oh My!

Some days, most days actually, I love my job. Today, as I was going to a home to do an appraisal, I came across this bear. Yes - it is still winter and he should still be hibernating. I was coming down the road and saw it in a tree in someones yard. The homeowner, on the corner of Elm and Gibson, has a taxidermy business and my first thought was that he put it in the tree. Then I saw the Channel 9 News truck, I stopped and asked - "Is that a real bear?" Ok, not one of my brighter moments. (As I said, I thought maybe it was "stuffed".) Anyway, they said some hunters were running their dogs (I think coyote hunting) and they flushed out a bear that was in his den. They thought the bear was about 250-300 pounds. Here are a few shots for you. I actually did not get that close, but had my good camera with and my new lense. Have I mentioned lately that I love my camera.









4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whoopy THEIRRRRRRRRR BACKKKKKKKKK
Do you have the pepper mixed with the sunflower seeds?

Anonymous said...

Oopes I forgot to say. Nice picture. Pretty blue sky, and mr or mrs bear looks kind of cute.

Joni rae said...

Oh my gosh these pictures are really cool! They are so clear

Anonymous said...

Ken said yes, he definitely looks alive!