Monday, March 16, 2009

I Broke My Ankle

Here is what I am looking at right now. Yes - I broke my ankle. Today I was at a house doing an appraisal inspection. When I went downstairs to the lower level which was all finished, I stepped off the bottom step on to the slipperyest floor I have ever been on. (Have you ever sprayed Pledge on the floor when you are dusting? That is what it was like.) The next second I was on the floor on my butt and somehow in all of that my ankle got in the way. The doctor said I did a good job. It looks like "mush". I broke it in a few places. Fortunately, everything stayed in place so I shouldn't have to have surgery. However, for the next couple of days, I will have to stay on the couch. The doctor warned if the bones don't stay in place they will have to do surgery so the couch it is. Here is my new best friend - pain pills. They cause drowsiness so if I drift away....

OK - I'm back. By the way Joni - Don't freak out. I will be just fine by the time we will be decorating for your wedding.

7 comments:

Joni rae said...

OH MY GOSH! that sucks, I'm sorry. So I may have just freaked out a little then I read the last part and smiled. Hope you're feeling better!

Deb said...

Some people will do anything to get out of work. Stay on that couch and heal!

jules said...

Julee Julee Julee.. maybe God is telling you to slow down.

Take care

Tammi (Mrs. B) said...

Julee!!! I guess you won't be doing the Irish Jig today!! Hey if you're lonely - I could bring Grandma up to stay with you and take care of you?!?!?! Just joking!! Listen to your doctor - so you don't need surgery!! Or I WILL bring Grandma there! ~:-)

Connie said...

Oh I'm so sorry, my broken tailbone was bad enough. I hate when stupid things slow me down, I don't have time to sit on the couch!!! But really you need to sit there and do nothing but take those wonderful pills.

Connie

Anonymous said...

STAY ON THE COUCH!

xoxoJenn

Anonymous said...

Need anything? CALL DIANN
Seriously day or night.