Thursday, July 16, 2009

Berry Pickin'


Last night the kids came over. L & M had to run an errand so while they were gone I suggested to Aubree that we go pick berries. I was out in the patch earlier in the day and noticed some ripe raspberries. She was so excited because she likes to get the berries before Papa gets in there. She needed a bowl - and of course she picked the pink one. She wanted to fill the bowl. Do you see any berries in the bowl? Here is how it went. One berry in the bowl, one in the mouth, one berry in the bowl, two berries in the mouth, one berry in the bowl, three berries in the mouth.... Oh heck with it, just put them all in the mouth and we don't need the bowl. Papa came home to an empty bowl.
Last year we started the berry patch and have added to it this year (Thanks Deb!) So far only a few berries, but so much fun to go check to see what is ripe. Last year Aubree was so excited when she got to the garden and got to pick the one and only blueberry on Papa's plant. She couldn't wait to pick again this year. Hopefully there will be a few more than last year but I'm not so sure. Oh well, we have some raspberries. I wonder if I will have enough for a pie (not if Aubree picks).

3 comments:

jules said...

Raspberries are the best. I miss my patch. Maybe next year we will start another one.

Connie said...

I love raspberries, Elly would pick you a full bowl, she doesn't eat any fruit. Good luck with the blueberries my bushes are bare this year.

Deb said...

I will have plenty of new plants next spring for anyone who needs them. I started picking yesterday and they are loaded this year!