Monday, July 27, 2009

Happy 50th Anniversary

This past weekend my aunt and uncle celebrated their 50th Wedding Anniversary. They had a party to celebrate their achievement on Saturday in Marshfield. I helped them out with the decorating. Here is a "sneak peek".


This is one of the centerpieces. I have about 50 of these vases and I do submersed flowers. When we can, we float candles. They always turn out so beautiful.














This is the area the cake was set up. That is her wedding dress and veil. She even still had her bride and groom from the top of her cake. I did the flowers for the tops of the cakes and saved a spot for them. It was so beautiful.


Everything turned out just wonderful and they were so happy. I was glad to be a part of their day. It was so different working with a party like this rather than a wedding. It is amazing what is important to people as they get older.



Here is a picture of Lorin and me. We only have 22 more years before we hit our 50th!
Congrats Janet and Urban. We love you lots.

3 comments:

Tabby said...

Great job decorating. You always do a beautiful job!!

Anonymous said...

Such a good looking couple. Love the hair :) As always everything looked great and you guys did too!!!
Love You Guys,
Heather (your favorite daughter)

Anonymous said...

The decorating was beautiful just like you. Was nice visiting with you all too. I miss our times together like we used to do. Shopping, talking, shopping, talking...well, you get the picture. It was nice when Dad was still working. He'd go to work and I'd come to your house and we'd just mess around. Then Lorin could keep an eye on me when I was putting my makeup on and ask "Is that face coming together soon???" Yah...I miss that. On the other hand...Dad doesn't miss the work. So, guess we just have to catch up when we get together.
Love you,
Mom