Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Sorry for the absence!


So sorry I haven't been blogging lately. Life has gotten in the way. I promise I will post every day.....or so..... The last couple of days have been.... well.... awful.
Heather has been battling sore throats for the past several years. As a child she never had trouble, pretty healthy overall. Kindof a clutz - broken leg, broken arm, etc. but not sick. Well the doctor told her that she had to have her tonsils out. Actually that was about a year ago. After a bad bout with strep a couple of weeks ago, she decided it was time. So Monday, she had them taken out (actually they burn them out now). They look disgusting, but she is doing quite well. They say that day 3 is the worst - that is tomorrow, so please say a prayer for her. Good thing our family, Heather included, likes ice cream. Although, ice cream for the next two weeks will definitely get old.
To make things even more interesting.... Lorin had a routine test on Monday (same day and time as Heather). He passed with flying colors, but gave us all a big scare. After we left the hospital, he had a terrible reaction to the anesthesia/meds. He began going into shock, blood pressure and heart rate almost non-existent, etc., etc. It is a much too long story for my blog, although it reads like a horror story. He spent the next 10 hours in the ER having several tests, and more cords/monitors hooked up than I knew existed. Finally after pumping nearly 6 liters of fluids in him, lots of different meds..... lots of tests... he was sent home - almost as if nothing happened - he is fine. I spent the day praying, trying not to cry, praying, calling the kids and moms, praying..... and oh did I mention I spent a lot of time praying. Thank God it ended with me thanking God for getting him through this. You don't really realize how short life is and just how quickly it can change until something like this happens. To those of you who knew what was going on - thanks for your prayers. We are thankful for everyone of them.

6 comments:

Deb said...

God does answer our prayers. So glad to hear they are both doing fine. Now you need some TLC to recover from yesterday. Days like that take a lot out of you.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for praying for Dad and I on Monday! What you didn't know is that I prayed a whole lot for you too! I love you guys soooo much and thanks again for all your help.

Heather xoxoxo

Anonymous said...

Monday was awful. I'm so sorry you had to see Dad go through that...I was praying lots for him AND you. I can't wait to see you all next weekend. Love you and miss you.

Pen

Patti said...

I am so glad to hear that everything turned out ok with Lorin. I hope Heather is doing okay with her recovery.

Connie said...

Prayers for all of you. I reacted the same way for my C-section, the doctors had went home and that happened to me. Nurses really fly around when you have no blood pressure.... and the doctors drive way beyond the speed limit to get back to the hospital. They still have no idea what happened with me either and I've been put under many times since then. Scary stuff!! It's easier being the patient than the nurse.

Tabby said...

Thankful that Lorin is ok and doing well and that Heather is recovering. She'll have to eat many different flavors of ice cream so she doesn't get sick of it :)