Sunday, December 27, 2009

What a Christmas Gift


We had a wonderful Christmas! Lots of fun with family and friends - we are blessed in so many ways. Check out many of my photos on facebook.
Anyway, a cute story from our Christmas.....
Saturday evening, after much of the commotion was over, our immediate family had our get-together. We had a very casual dinner and then opened gifts. Aubree, who will be 6 in about a month, has really wanted a bra. She is such a girl and growing up way too fast. Heather has been telling her she doesn't need one yet but, as I have told you in the past, Nana is a pushover. And, since Heather didn't mind if I bought her one, that was one of her gifts. She was so blessed with so many wonderful gifts from family and friends. Many items that you would think she would have been so excited to receive. Well, her favorite gift from this year is....... Her new bra! When she opened it she was so excited, we all laughed. Someone (I think Chad - Jenn's boyfriend) made a comment about her getting a bra and her reply was "Well, I am a WOMAN you know!" (She is almost 6.) Gotta love it.
One other story from the weekend.... We asked her on Christmas Eve how her day was with her daddy and Grandma Sue, etc. She was telling us how she had fun and about the gifts she had gotten. She got art supplies, toys, etc. and some money from Grandma Sue and Grandpa Randy. We asked her what her favorite gift was. She said, "Everything! Well, I really didn't like the envelope they put the money in, but I did like the money." (I guess she saw no reason to waste an envelope.)
Such crazy memories from a wonderful weekend. I will post some more pics this week from the open house. Thank you to everyone who joined us for the day.

3 comments:

Stacey said...

How funny! We all know she will hate those bra's someday! I remember when our youngest daughter wanted one. I think she was around 6 also.

Deb said...

That girl is hilarious. I don't think my girls knew what one was when they were six.

Anonymous said...

Too funny! Thanks for a great party. Suziqrod