Monday, September 21, 2009

Cravings!

What happens when you have a terrible craving for something and its a week before you are going to a wedding and have a slinky little red halter dress to wear? You find ways to justify it in your mind. Today is a "Monday". I was so tired this morning, I didn't want to get out of bed - so I got up late. Checked my emails and had one from the company we were supposed to get our brown plastic from for the wedding this weekend - it is backordered. Inspections were crazy, trying to get all done so I can decorate and last week most of my orders were new construction, this week most are foreclosures (not fun). You never know what you will find when you go in some of those homes and today was no exception. (That could be another whole post) Anyway, to get back to the little red dress and my craving.......I have been craving a bowl of ice cream for days. So today, I am thinking...... I reaaaallllllyyyyy want a bowl of ice cream, but that dress has no extra room for a bowl of ice cream. Well, I did only have sugar snap peas for lunch, and if I have a salad for supper, that won't be so bad. And, I will be running around (getting more exercise) when I am decorating...... and, I was on the lower side of my range when I weighed myself this morning..... and, I reeeeaaaaallllllyyyyy want a bowl of ice cream. So, I'll just have a small one. And this is how the story goes. I get out the ice cream - Annie comes running. For all of you who know Annie, the only "people food" she gets is ice cream and she can hear that lid open if she was in the next county. So, I get an extra little bowl for her. Then I think, vanilla - I really wanted a "flavor". Oh, yeah, I have that topping I bought for the salad I made for Lorin to take to men's group at church last week. Let's see, where is it? Oh, yeah, there it is. My favorite - Mrs Richardson's Caramel Butterscotch. I'll just put a little on. Open the jar - Really thick, It would be better if it was warm. Microwave - 30 seconds - still too hard, pop back in for a few more. Phone rings - answer the call, leave the jar in too long. Stop the microwave, open microwave, caramel all over inside microwave, grab jar - @*$*@! it's hot (like I shouldn't have known that), drop the jar on the floor - Caramel now all over cabinets, floor, rug, brick, oven, EVERYWHERE!!!!! Have you ever tried to clean up caramel butterscotch topping - It is not fun. BTW - That jar I took a picture of was almost full when I dropped it. I used 3 tablespoons for my salad last week. Well it is now at least a half hour later and my original bowl of ice cream is melted. I dump it down the sink. I really should have taken a picture of the kitchen, microwave, etc. You would not have believed the mess. Well I guess the GODS were ruling - I was NOT supposed to have that bowl of ice cream. Maybe tomorrow????

8 comments:

jules said...

I will come over next week and we can both have a huge bowl....caramel is my favorite!!

Deb said...

You so were not supposed to have that. I'll be there too next week but I'm really a kinda hot fudge gal.

Tabby said...

MMMMMM....ice cream...I can always find an excuse for some ice cream. The excuse used to be that I was pregnant. Now I come up with several other excuses to have ice cream :)

Anonymous said...

I had four chocolate chip cookies tonight. Guess God doesn't like me since I ate them and he did nothing to stop me.

~Heather

Joni rae said...

I laughed reading your story, hehe. Last night at 9:00 I went to the grocery store just to buy a thing of ice cream. :)

Connie said...

This is why we should buy our dresses to fit us not to torture us the week before the event. When will we ever learn????

Good luck with your busy week and the sexy dress

Lynn said...

Um, have you had the dolche-de-leche ice cream from Schwans! Oh my heavens!! I just got another one today from my Schwans man! Of course I have to top it off with a little chocolate syurp! Yummy! I think we should have an ice cream party!!

Suzie Q said...

You're an Emmerich...Ice Cream is in our blood! I blame Grandpa. :)