Saturday, September 12, 2009

We're Goin' for a Ride

A few weeks ago we went on a "Ride" with some friends of ours. Although we don't have a bike, we take the little convertible and have a great time. It was just what we needed for the day - relaxing, laughing with friends and an all around great day. This first picture I took as we were driving down the road. We were in the lead and the group was following.......

Doesn't Sue look tough here?
While on the ride we met a group of other bikes. There had to be over 150 or more of them. They just kept coming. At this point in the ride, I was driving the car with Diann riding with me and Lorin was driving her trike. He had so much fun with that too. This photo I took as I was driving down the road. I just pointed at the road and held the button down for a bit.
Here is Sue, Lorin on Diann's trike and Ken right after we stopped for lunch.
Our trip took us up to Lake Superior. There is an "artist" up there that does carvings with a chainsaw that is just amazing. The detail he has is unreal. Here is one of his carvings that he has in a small pond. This is Lorin sitting on Ken's lap and Sue doing who knows what to Ken. Too bad we weren't having any fun.... Should I be jealous that my husband was sitting on another guy's lap?

Ron and Diann sitting on this awesome bench at the carving place (Can't remember the name). This is one huge log that was carved to make it into a bench. It was actually comfortable.

From there we continued to Lake Superior. You wouldn't believe how cold the temperature got as we got closer to the lake. Doesn't this look like a senior picture? It was a huge field of clover and I had to take someone's picture.

Here I am sitting on some rocks on the beach. The waves were pretty good sized when we were there, but the lake is beautiful.

After the lake we continued up around the point to Bayfield, etc. On the way we had to stop at this farm that had homemade ice cream that Diann had been to once before. Not sure how she remembered how to get there. However, after tasting the ice cream, I don't know that Lorin will forget any time soon. Yummmy! Here is a goat that was on the farm.
After the farm we continued down toward home but stopped for dinner in Phillips. It was a great day and I can't wait to go again. Those days are so wonderful. Great weather, beautiful scenery, fantastic friends and memories that carry you through to the next trip......
I am ready to go again...... Who wants to go?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ME, MEEEEEEEE ME........
Doesn't it look like the bear has his paws on my shoulders?
Lorrin needs to ride the trike again.