Monday, September 7, 2009

Saturday at the lake

This has been such a wonderful weekend -both for weather and for projects completed. I will show you the projects on my next post but for now, lets talk about the fun we had on Saturday. We went for a visit to the lake. Mom and dad had a house full, but as usual, we had a great time - relaxing and enjoyable. As always, we try to get in a pontoon ride (or as Aubree called it a Pooton ride - not sure where that came from). Grandpa lets Aubree drive, and of course he showed her where the horn was so she was also the horn girl. We usually ride around the lake and get pizza and ice cream. The water is low right now up there so we weren't able to go for pizza by pontoon but we did stop for ice cream. As we rode around the lake we saw lots of wildlife.

A mother loon with her baby........


An eagle in a tree........

Lots of seagulls.... I really like this photo. I think I may frame this one for somewhere.


After the ride we went to my brother's house. His lab had puppies a couple of months ago and he has one left (the people are coming this week to pick it up). But Aubree got to play with the puppy. Nothing better than those little grunting noises that lab puppies make. Too cute.

And here is a photo of my mom, three of her sisters and Aubree. Her older sister's class reunion was that evening and they were all going to the reunion.

I absolutely love this last photo. This is my niece CJ with Aubree. She came with us to the lake for the day. Aubree loves her so much and looks up to her. The great thing is that CJ is a sweet wonderful role model for her. Thanks for all her help - glad she could come with us.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Look at all that black in the photo of Grandma and the aunties. LOL

Wish I could have been there too!

Jenn

Anonymous said...

Now I get it. What's your family nick name, Women in black... HA
Di