Thursday, October 29, 2009

I May Be a Little Crazy!

First - Isn't that a pretty picture???
Second - I just went a little crazy.

For the past several weeks - maybe months we have been getting calls from the NRA. Now, first let me say for all of you hunters out there. I do believe in our second amendment rights and know that this is a hot button issue with many. HOWEVER, I am sick of phone calls from them. Most of the time, thanks to caller ID, when they call, I just let it ring. Lately though, I have been irritated enough so I have been answering - nobody is ever there - UNTIL TODAY. Here is how the conversation went.

MAN: "Hello, Is mister Evhislingkunslsh there?"

ME: "Excuse me."

MAN: "Is Mister Enfmkosinlfdjka;ushjsh there?"
Now our name may be a little long - but not that difficult.

Me: "No, he isn't - This is his wife."

Man: "Do you know where he is?"

Me: (First Like it's any of his business, second like I am going to tell him. Well, ok I did) "He isn't here."

Man: "When will he be home?"

Me: "Can I help you with something?"

Man: "No, I need to speak to him."

Me: "What is this in regard to?"

Man: "HIS Second Amendment rights."

Me: "I can tell you we are very aware of our second amendment rights and do not need to talk to anyone about them."

Man: "I will call back when "the head of the household" is home - when will that be?"

Me: "That is not necessary and I am tired of phone calls from the NRA."

Man: "I will call back."

Me: "If there is something you need you can talk to me or don't bother calling back." By this time I guess I was just a little more irritated and messing with him.

Man: "I cannot talk to you - YOU WOULD NOT UNDERSTAND - I need to talk to your husband regarding HIS second amendment rights and being able to bear arms."
(DID HE JUST SAY THAT? I WOULD NOT UNDERSTAND? Well for anyone who knows me, you will know that was definitely Not the thing to say to me. - I was just ticked enough to mess with this butt head.)

Me: So I say - "How do you know I won't understand? Don't you think women have guns? Isn't it my Second Amendment Rights too? Why do you think this is just something men will understand. Do you really think you are doing your cause any good by talking to me and other women this way? Why do you think you are superior to women?........." (After about 5 minutes - I did stop talking and asking him questions and he was still on the phone.)

Man: "Women just don't usually understand this stuff so we need to talk to the man of the house."

Me: "You have got to be kidding. You aren't married are you?"

Man: "Well, actually I am."

Me: "I bet she doesn't own a gun does she?"

Man: "I don't understand."

Me: "Think about it."

Man: "I willl call back later and talk to your husband."

Me: Hang up

So, tell me, do you really think everyone that works for the NRA is this stupid? Do you think he will call back? Part of me wishes he does. Maybe I will mess with him again.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

LMAO! That is AWESOME, Mom! And, to answer your question...yes, they are all that stupid. Anyone who thinks it's necessary to devote that much time to protecting our right to bear arms is crazy. The government is NOT going to take your guns away, you crazy freaks! :)

This may be your best blog post yet. :)

Love you!
Penni

Anonymous said...

One more thing....you're not crazy. I would have done the same thing. (So surprising, huh?) ;)

-J

Anonymous said...

Ok, last comment....don't you own your own handgun??? You're from Wisconsin! As if you wouldn't understand...what a douche.

Ok, I promise I'm done. :)

Anonymous said...

When he said he'd call back to talk tot he head of the household -- you should have told him he ALREADY was talking to the head of the house hold!!! Don't you wish you could get his home number and talk to his wife!?!?!

Good job -- give'm hell!!
Tammi

jules said...

Oh my goodness...what a jerk! Good for you, I just never answer the phone when it is those darn 800 numbers.

Lynn said...

Hey are you doing your homework with that picture! : )

They keep calling me at work! I will see them on the caller ID and think... hmm, what do they want with a water fountain pump? But no one is ever there!! They must hear my girl voice and hang up!