Sunday, October 11, 2009

I shot a buck!


OK - With a camera. On Friday nite, my husband and I were leaving to go on an inspection of a new home. As we walked to the door of the garage, he noticed a deer just inside the edge of the woods by our house. Of course Annie was with us, but she never noticed (good watch dog). We stood there for a second and I said I wanted to see if I could get a good picture so I went around the side of the garage as he stood there. After a few minutes he came looking for me. I was able to go around the garage and sneak up on him. Every time he looked away or put his head down I would take another step or two. I didn't have my zoom lense on so I wanted to get as close as possible. I got about 25 feet away from him. For some reason, he either didn't notice me or he didn't care. I got my hair colored that morning and the wind was going in his direction so he should have been able to smell me. Go figure?

He must be living in the area because we have seen him from time to time during the summer. Last Sunday he was at our daughter's house. She called while we were tearing down after the quilt show at church and said it was standing outside the patio door and Aubree had opened the door and was waving at him. He just stood there.

I really don't understand why guys have such a difficult time hunting these????? OK - I know, I am just talking smart. Try to get that close when hunting - Not. Anyway, he is a nice buck - not as big or old as John's but I am sure if Lorin sees him again, he won't be around long.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice Buck-- you should take up real hunting -- show you Dad & brother up!!!
Tammi

Connie said...

"Let him go and he will grow" into John's buck but then try to shoot him, he'll be much smarter than. John won't even move his eyes while watching a buck "they might see that"