Friday, October 23, 2009

Where have you been all my life?

As many of you may remember - I get cravings - for ice cream. (It comes from marriage to my husband.) It's in their genes and I am not sure how it passed over to me, but it's there. If you will also remember by my previous ice cream fiasco, I had a bit of a problem that day indulging in the sweet delight.

Well today as I was making supper, the Schwan's man came. As usual, I had no idea what I needed or wanted, so he handed me the catalogue to look through. As I am flipping the pages, he tells me, "Ice cream is on sale - two for $9". So I begin checking the flavors. And there it is..... Dulce De Leche. I have never had this ice cream before, but if any of you read the comments I received on my ice cream post, Lynn told me that this was the best. And, of course, since she also has Emmerich blood in her, I assume she is an expert. So, I say "Let's try the Dulce De Leche and the Autumn Treat".

He goes to his truck and returns with these wonderful treats along with an array of other goodies I purchased. I pay him and take the bag to put in the freezer. But...... I couldn't help but remember Lynn's comment about "how good that ice cream is". Ok, I'll try just a little. Now for those of you who never have the Schwan's man come to your house, you may not be aware that their truck is kept at a chilly -700 degrees. I open the container, waiting to taste this creamy delight and try to put my spoon into the container. It is like scooping into a BRICK! But of course, I won't give up - I can't. I try again, no luck. Well, let's get out the fancy Pampered Chef ice cream scoop with the antifreeze inside. Maybe that will work - Again, no luck. I think it actully curled up and ran when it saw the newly arrived Schwan's container. However, for anyone who knows me, I am persistent (ok, stubborn) I wanted to taste that ice cream. After 10 minutes of trying, I did manage to get a small chunk out of the corner. Not sure if I finally got lucky or if it melted enough to get it out.

Well moral of the story - I am not sure if I am angry that Lynn introduced me to yet another high calorie sinful delight or if I should thank her for the introduction. (I'll let you know when I finish the container.)

BTW - I also tried the Autumn Treat - Yummy!

4 comments:

jules said...

I think I ate a whole container of that once. The Ultimate!!

BTW- put it in the microwave next time.

Connie said...

You need to be lac-so-in-tolerant like me and then ice cream will not tempt you anymore. One small bite of it and you'll pay a huge price in your bathroom. I know TMI but that is the only reason I don't eat it by the gallons, as I too have ice cream cravings flowing in my blood veins.

Lynn said...

Oh Julee! It's fantastic! And why didn't my schwans man tell me they were having an ice cream sale!?! Hmmm. Little Bugger!

Deb said...

I've had that before and it is awesome. I quit buying it though because it was usually gone within a couple days. The autumn one looked good too and Mr. ice cream man said it was delicious. I think I' will stop over and try yours.