Friday, October 9, 2009

Vail Wedding - Photos


For the past several months I have had people asking me where the pictures of the Vail Wedding are. It seemed like everytime I thought about posting them, there was a reason to wait. Well, I am waiting no more. Here are just a couple of my favorites that I took that day. I think this first one is one of my all time favorite photos. The bride was being walked "down the aisle" by her son.

Here is a similar shot of the wedding party. Aren't the mountains in the background beautiful.

The wedding ceremony took place on the top of a mountain in Vail. This is actually known as the Wedding Deck at Eagle's Nest. You take the gondola to the top of the mountain and then walk (or take a golf cart) to the edge of the site of the wedding deck. The first time we went there, the day before, I walked there and it took my breath away. It was an abosuletly spectacular view. What a beautiful place for a wedding.

Here you can see the mountains in the background. I really like this shot. I also did a few variations of it. The red dresses were so striking against the mountain backdrop.


A shot of them leaving the area.

Here is a photo of them arriving at the reception. Angie was a beautiful bride and it was a stunning wedding. I am sure it is one not only the bride and groom will remember, but also their wedding party and guests. I took hundreds of photos that day and maybe I will post a few more another day.

2 comments:

Connie said...

Love the photos, the first one actually looks like earth.... you know how they always color/shade/draw earth, am I making any sense? Anyway beautiful place for a wedding... the real earth!!

jules said...

I know exactly what Connie is saying, I thought the same thing at first. That is my favorite one too.